Additional Auto Services
Regular tire rotations help eliminate premature tire wear and could save you hundreds of dollars!
Rotating your tires means moving them from one side of the vehicle to the other & then moving them from the front to the back. This helps avoid uneven tire wear, which can lead to poor performance and decreased gas mileage.
Why is it important to rotate my tires?
- Tires may wear differently depending on their position on the vehicle, your driving style, and the condition of your suspension
- Regularly rotating your tires helps evenly distribute tire wear - helping you get the most miles out of your tires while maximizing traction on all four wheels
- On front-wheel-drive vehicles, front tires tend to wear faster than rear tires due to added pressure/resistance from steering
How often should I have my tires rotated?
Most tire companies consider regular tire rotations as basic tire maintenance and recommends you get your tires rotated every 3,000-6,000 miles.
Windshield wiper blades are made of a soft rubber compound and over time, the elements break down that compound and make it brittle.
As this happens, it affects your ability to see the road clearly ahead compromising your road safety. If your wipers are streaking, skipping, splitting or squeaking, it?s a safe sign that they need to replaced immediately.
How do we perform a windshield wiper replacement?
- We visually check the blades to determine if the blades are intact and functioning properly or if they need to be replaced on the spot.
- If necessary, we install new Rain-X wiper blades, considered the best wiper blades on the market.
What is the average life span of windshield wipers?
Depending on where you live and how often it rains, the condition of your wiper blades usually has an average lifespan of 1-2 years before showing signs of replacement.
The battery supplies electrical power to the starter, along with the rest of the electrical components of the vehicle, which is necessary to start the engine.
When the engine starts running, the charging system takes over to provide electricity to the various vehicle electrical systems. The battery cable terminals connect the battery to the electrical system. If you have a dying or dead battery, it can effect your vehicle's operation and could cause a complete shutdown making it inoperable.
How do we perform a battery replacement?
- We visually check the battery, making sure your battery terminals and battery posts are clean and not corroded.
- Using our battery tester equipment, we then check the cranking amp capacity of the battery, which gives us an accurate reading as to the current condition of your battery life.
- If needed, we remove the old battery and replace it with a new one from our line of Interstate Batteries.
What is the average life span of a car battery?
Depending on where you live and how you drive, the condition of your charging system, and a number of other factors, a battery lasts about four years on average.
Restoring your headlights professionally brings them back to clarity and drastically improves your nightime vision enhancing your driving safety.
The restoration process ensures that your headlights are shining at their brightest. If your headlights lost their clarity, then nighttime driving can be very dangerous.
How do we perform a headlight restoration?
- We visually check the headlights to determine if the procedure will in fact bring your headlights back to clarity.
- We then restore the headlight by sanding the external layer of the headlight lens and remove minor scratches. Then we apply polish for the ultimate shine and remove clouding and discoloration.
- Restoring your vehicles headlights can transform them from cloudy to crystal clear in less then a half hour.
When is it time to restore my headlights?
If your headlights are cloudy, showing signs of yellowing, or damaged as a result of UV rays or humidity, then your vehicle is a strong candidate for headlight restoration.
Proper operating light bulbs and headlamps are important to a driver's safety.
Headlights help notify other drivers of your location while also improving your vision. Parking lamps, taillights and turn signals identify when you're braking, changing lanes or making a turn.
When is it time to change my bulbs?
- If your bulbs are burnt out or non-working for any reason, stop by and we will visually inspect the bulbs to determine the cause and replace if necessary. Most states by law require both headlights and taillights to be fully functional during operation of a motor vehicle.
A coolant flush and fill is a highly effective maintenance for your cooling system, and will help ensure maximum performance from your vehicle?s heating and cooling systems.
Also, since the heating system works off of the same coolant that circulates throughout your engine, performing a coolant flush and fill will also prevent overheating - the most common cause of breakdowns and internal engine damage.
Why is it important to perform a coolant flush?
- Removes Rust and Scale Deposit: Over time rust and scale deposits build up within the radiator. A flush helps to remove these deposits which get pushed out with the old anti-freeze. This is important since these build ups can cause overheating or even damage your radiator.
- Removes Contaminants: A flush completely drains the system of the old anti-freeze which means that any containments that have made their way into the system will be flushed out as well. The additives in the coolant can lose important anti-corrosive properties over time which leads to the build up of particles. A radiator flush will remove these particles from the system.
- Water Pump - The additives in the coolant lubricate the vehicles water pump. This will lengthen the life of the vehicle's water pump.
How often should you get a radiator flush and fill?
Although each car is different, a radiator flush and fill should be performed by a professional annually.
Fuel Injection Cleaning provides excellent benefits to your vehicle from maximizing fuel economy to reduced vehicle emissions.
A clean fuel system restores performance and helps improves drivability.
Why is it important to perform a fuel injection cleaning?
- Dirty Fuel Injectors can lead to these type of problems: loss of power, rough idle, hard start up, poor acceleration and excess fuel consumption.
- After a fuel injection cleaning, your vehicle will see reduced emissions while increasing fuel economy and restoring horsepower.
- Your vehicle will also start and idle much smoother and run quieter.
When is it time to perform a fuel injection cleaning?
This service is advised based on your vehicles manufacturers recommendations, or as needed by our inspection based on industry standards.